Monday 5 November 2018

Entrance into heaven

After a long illness, a woman died and arrived at the Gates of Heaven. While she was waiting for St. Peter to greet her, she peeked through the Pearly Gates. She saw inside beautiful scenery of mountains, rivers, lakes, floral gardens of immense beauty, and peace everywhere.
When St. Peter came by, the woman said to him, “This is such a wonderful place! How do I get in?” “You will have to spell a word,” St. Peter told her. “Which word?” the woman asked. “LOVE,” St. Peter said. The woman correctly spelled the word  'LOVE' and told him she knew it also in Italian, Maltese, Spanish and French. St. Peter instantly welcomed her into heaven.
About six months later St. Peter came to the woman and asked her to watch the Gates of Heaven for him that day, as he had some errands to attend to. Now, while the woman was guarding the Gates of Heaven, her husband arrived there. ”I'm surprised to see you here,” the woman said, “How have you been?” 
“Oh! I have been doing pretty well since you died,” her husband told her. “I married the beautiful and pretty nurse who took care of you while you were ill. And then I won the lottery. I sold the little house you and I lived in and bought a big mansion in the mountains. And my wife and I traveled all around the world, enjoying ourselves and having lots of fun, partying, dancing, and socializing with friends. Yesterday we were on vacation and went water skiing. I fell, hit my head on a boulder, and died instantly, and here I am. Then he asked her, “How do I get in?” 
“You will have to spell a word, the woman told him. 
Which word?” her husband asked. "I'm pretty good at spelling." She hesitated and then replied, ”CZECHOSLOVAKIA.” 
Guess what? He's still waiting at the Pearly Gates! Now you have to know that Czechoslovakia does not exist anymore, but is now the combination of Slovakia and the Czech Republic. But LOVE certainly still exists, and it will be on how often, if, and when we showed LOVE that will determine whether we are admitted into heaven or not. 

1 comment:

  1. And the greatest of these is Love! Love one another as I have loved you.

    ReplyDelete