Thursday 8 March 2018

Hail, Holy Cross

Crucifixion at St Francis church, Valletta
HAIL, O holy Cross, our strength.
Hail, O adorable Cross, our praise and glory.
Hail, O Cross, our help and refuge.
Hail, O Cross, consolation of all the mournful.

Hail, O Cross, our victory and hope.
Hail, O Cross, our defense and our life.
Hail, O Cross, our liberation and redemption.

Hail, O Cross, our sign of salvation and bulwark against the enemy.

May the Cross be for me always hope of my faith.
May the Cross be for me resurrection in my death.
May the Cross be for me triumph against demons.
May the Cross be for me mother of my consolation.

May the Cross be for me rest in my tribulations.
May the Cross be for me support in my old age.

May the Cross be for me healing in my illness.
May the Cross be for me protection in my nudity.

May the Cross be for me consolation in my life.
May the Cross be for me solace in all my difficulties.
May the Cross be for me balm in my tribulations.

May the Cross be for me medicine to my infirmities and protection against all my enemies. Amen.
Written by Saint Anselm

No comments:

Post a Comment