Wednesday 26 July 2017

Prayer for Grandparents

Today being the feast of Sts Joachim and Anne, the parents of the Blessed Mother, and grandparents of Jesus, I share with you this prayer for all grandparents and all those who depend on them.
Dear God, please bless my grandparents. Thank you for the life they gave my parents and for the life they give to me. For the ways they helped me and made me strong, I give thanks. For the ways they love me no matter what, I rejoice. For the ways they have paved the road that leads me here, I am grateful. 
Let them grow in wisdom and joy in life. Let them find peace and rest from their work. Let them be healed of every sickness and pain. And let them see with their own eyes the glory of your Son, Jesus, in the love of their children and grandchildren.
Grandparents bestow upon their grandchildren the strength and wisdom that time and experience have given them. Grandchildren bless their grandparents with a youthful vitality and innocence that help them stay young at heart for ever. Together they create a chain of love linking the past with the future. The chain may lengthen, but it will never part... There’s a special kind of love that grandchildren have for their grandparents.  It’s filled with respect for their wisdom and accomplishments; with gratitude for the values they’ve given us...with delight in the stories of our family that they remember and share.
It’s a special kind of love that’s built on a lifetime of caring and giving. It’s the kind of love that’s felt for you my dear grandparent, today and always. Grandparents are a family’s greatest treasure, the founders of a loving legacy, the greatest story tellers, the keepers of traditions that linger on in cherished memory. Grandparents are the family’s strong foundation. Their very special love sets them apart. Through happiness and sorrow, through their special love and caring, Grandparents keep a family close at heart.
And to those who are no longer with us, we pray that they are enjoying eternity in peace and joy for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment