Monday 29 August 2016

Today is up to me

I woke up early today, excited over all I get to do before the clock strikes midnight. I have responsibilities to fulfill today. My job is to choose what kind of day I am going to have. It’s all up to me.

Today I can complain because the weather is rainy or I can be thankful that the grass is getting watered for free.

Today I can feel sad that I don't have more money or I can be glad that my finances encourage me to plan my purchases wisely and guide me away from waste.

Today I can grumble about my health or I can rejoice that I am alive.

Today I can lament over all that my parents didn't give me when I was growing up or I can feel grateful that they allowed me to be born.

Today I can cry because roses have thorns or I can celebrate that thorns have roses.

Today I can mourn my lack of friends or I can excitedly embark upon a quest to discover new relationships.

Today I can whine because I have to go to work or I can shout for joy because I have a job and can earn a living.

Today I can complain because I have to go to school or I can eagerly open my mind and fill it with rich new tidbits of knowledge.

Today I can murmur dejectedly because I have to do housework or I can feel honored because I've been provided shelter for my mind and body.

Today I can complain that I don’t have the latest IPhone, or I can be happy that I can communicate with anyone around the world within a few seconds.

Today I can complain because my house is not the nicest looking in our neighborhood, or I can be grateful that I do have a roof over my head, unlike the many displaced people in Central Italy, recently hit by an earthquake.

And here I am, the sculptor who gets to do the shaping, the molding and give that finishing touch to the masterpiece of my life.

What today will be like is completely up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment