Sunday, 23 August 2026

3 Good Prayers

Statue of Mary by Emvin Cremona a Ibrag parish

St Josemaria Escriva, the founder of Opus Dei, was asked once if he could suggest a prayer to be said in difficult times. He offered this prayer: ‘My Lod and my God, into your hands I abandon the past and the present and the future, what is small and what is great, what amounts to a little and what amounts to a lot, things temporal and things eternal. Give me the courage to continue to follow in your footsteps.’

The Memorare to Mary: Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

The Memorare to St Joseph: Remember, O most chaste spouse of the Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who implored your help and sought your intercession were left unassisted. Full of confidence in your power I fly unto you and beg your protection. Despise not, o Guardian of the Redeemer my humble supplication, but in your bounty, hear and answer me. Amen.

1 comment: