Thursday 3 October 2024

4 Steps of Prayer

This is a very practical way by which you can pray very effectively. Use the acronym ACTS which stands for stands for Adoration (praising God), Contrition (showing sorrow), Thanksgiving (giving thanks) and Supplication (asking for a blessing). Then write down one thought for each letter, and add as many as you want, like the following example, which might look something like this:

A – Adoration: Today, I praise you God … for I am wonderfully made, for keeping me healthy, for His intervention in my life........
C -
Contrition: Today, I’m sorry for … speaking harshly, for hurting a friend, wasting my time........
T –
Thanksgiving:  Today, I’m thankful for … the sunset, for my parents, for my artistic talents, for strawberries......
S –
Supplication: Today, please bless … my brother as he looks for employment, for my mother’s health, for peace in the Middle East......

No comments:

Post a Comment