Friday 2 June 2023

Prayer for those who are alone

In my daily Mass, I always try to share a prayer after communion, most of which I write myself. This morning I wrote and shared this prayer which was well received, especially after one of the parishioners came over to thank me for it. I hope the Lord will bless you with His presence and comfort.

Remember us Lord, and keep us in your thoughts.

When we are ready to give up, give us your courage.

When we experience solitude and aloneness, assure us that you will always be near to us.

When we lose someone dear, convince us that You will stay with us, and they will watch over us.

When we don’t know what to do with our lives, suggest a plan and give us a sense of direction.

When we are sad and anxious, give us a word of consolation.

When we don’t know what to say, share with us a message that consoles us.

When we are in the dark, enlighten us with Your presence.

When we think we are alone, let us know of Your closeness to us.

When we are afraid, remind us of the saints, who kept trying and never gave up.

And when we think we’re near the end of our lives, show us that we are actually at the beginning of a New Life with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment