Monday 26 December 2022

TV Mass for today

I share with you a link to a Mass I celebrated on national TV just today. You can follow it here on YouTube. I was invited to be the main celebrant on the feast of Saint Stephen, December 26 in the chapel which used to be our chapel as seminarians between 1970 and 1977. Since the Seminary has since relocated to another place, the chapel is part of the Diocesan Chancery nowadays. I followed hundreds of Mass in that chapel, but this was the first time I celebrated a Mass by myself. For my friends in the USA, I know it is difficult to follow the Mass in Maltese, but you can follow it just the same, as I shared reflections on the life of St. Stephen today, the first official martyr of the church. In the second half hour, I recited the Rosary, again in Maltese, followed by Benediction. You can follow the Rosary by responding to each of my 'Hail Mary....'with the 'Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.' The actual Mass starts at 1:25, while the Rosary starts at 28:56 on the YouTube clip.

I wish you all a most Blessed  Christmas season, and a healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment