Thursday 27 August 2020

68 things to be happy about

Age 1 - my mother had 2 sisters before me - that's why I'm wearing a dress!

As I turn 68 today, I share with you 68 things that have made me happy throughout these years, in no particular order: My parents who gave me life, loyalty, and love. My siblings who care for me and respect me. My two nephews, both doctors. My vocation to the priesthood. E-mail. Photography. All kinds of sports. My Ipad. Strawberries. Cooking Chicken soup. Donating blood 118 times. 35 years in the USA. Classical music. My CDs. DAB Radio. Driving through Oregon state and Upstate New York. Preaching homilies. Writing in ‘Leħen is-Sewwa’ for 35 years. Watercolors. Calligraphy. Playing the flute. Transcribing melodies for solo flute. Yoga. Many friends in the USA. Growing up in the old St. Julian’s. Being chaplain at Hilltop Gardens. Nature and wildlife in Oregon.  Snooker. JS Bach, Vivaldi and Beethoven. Wearing sandals. Not wearing suits. Table-Tennis. Fountain pens. Ben Hur. Producing PowerPoint talks. Fawlty Towers. Mr. Bean. Eurosport. Watching Cycling races. My Blog. ABBA. Taking part in the NYC Marathon. Getting 3 medals, just for finishing. Celebrating Mass. Leading personable funerals and weddings. Daily Rosary. Baker City Cathedral in Oregon. Creating prayers. The typewriter. Vintage photos. Maltese festas. Maltese festa marches. Hobż biż-żejt (a Maltese snack). European football. Baseball. New York Mets. Counseling. Working with children.  My Seminary years. Fresh veggies and fruit. Cheese and crackers. Kinnie. Movies on DVDs. Reading. News on the Internet. T-shirts. My lap-top. My health.

No comments:

Post a Comment