Friday 24 May 2019

Weston Priory,Vermont

When I first arrived in New York, I used to go on retreat at the peaceful atmosphere of Weston Priory in Vermont. It was a beautiful scenic drive from New York to the heart of the New England states, and if there is ever a piece of heaven here on earth, it must be right there in the heart of Vermont. The 15 monks that lived there always invited the neighbors and visitors to join them in prayer, as early as 4 AM. 
They sang beautiful melodies, most of them composed by Brother Gregory Norbet, and issued on records. Many of these hymns and songs made their way to the liturgical life on most American parishes. In fact, I also use many of their songs during communion in my chapel and always have used them in my Masses. These 3 photos symbolize the peaceful and spiritual ambiance that one can find there.

No comments:

Post a Comment