Thursday 6 April 2017

Our Lady of Sorrows - reflection 4

Michelangelo's Pieta
Finishing our prayers reflecting on the 7 sorrows of Mary:
Seventh Sorrow of Mary: Jesus is laid in a borrowed tomb.
Blessed Mother, be with us always in our journey of life.....pray for us.
Blessed Mother, please do not abandon us when we are burdened with suffering.....pray for us.
Blessed Mother, remind us to show dignity and respect when we bury or loved ones, and remember them on anniversaries and other special days.....pray for us.
Blessed Mother, console us in our own valley of tears....pray for us.
Blessed Mother, show us Your Son Jesus, the blessed fruit of your womb.....pray for us.

O most holy and afflicted Virgin! Queen of Martyrs! you who did stand motionless beneath the Cross, witnessing the agony of Your expiring Son - through the unceasing sufferings of your life of sorrow, and the bliss which now more than repays you for your past trials, look down with a mother's tenderness and pity on me, who kneel before you to venerate your sorrows, and place my requests, with filial confidence, in the sanctuary of your wounded heart. Present them, I beg you, on my behalf, to Jesus Christ, through the merits of His own most sacred death and passion, together with your sufferings at the foot of the cross, and obtain my present petition. To whom shall I resort in my wants and miseries if not to you, O Mother of Mercy, who, having so deeply drunk of the chalice of your Son? Offer for me to my Savior one drop of the Blood which flowed from His sacred veins, one of the tears which trickled from His divine eyes, one of the sighs which rent His adorable Heart. O refuge of the universe and hope of the whole world, do not reject my humble prayer, but graciously obtain my petition.

No comments:

Post a Comment